ARC Made Me Buy It
Being a recovering rifle hunter and only having swapped to bow hunting recently, I came to the realization that something was missing from my rangefinder I use for rifle hunting.... ARC. For those that are not sure what that is: This compensates the distance based on the angle you are shooting. Although you can do a bit of quick math in your head to guess which pin to use when shooting up hill or down hill, the margin of error is just too great for my liking. The ARC feature is truly a must if you plan to bow hunt from a tree stand or in an area that has steep slopes.
I tested numerous different rangefinders that had an ARC like feature. This model seemed to outperform the other models/brands when all factors were taken into account. It is not as clear as a Nikon, nor is the display is slick looking as the Leupold. It does, however fit that spot right between all of them and does everything well. It also has angle compensation, if I didn't mention that. The next closest...
A must for any bow hunter
As with all Bushnell products this are a good well built solid unit, this rangefinder is a easy one hand rapid distance and angle verifer that allows you to compensate for the arrow drop quickly and not lose sight of your target. Good price
Great Product
This is such a nice thing to have in the woods. I practiced with this rangefinder in my back yard and it was spot on. I was using this in conjunction with an adjustable yardage pin I recently installed on my bow, and it is just amazing how great they both work together. I was shooting at yardages (in my yard) I would usually not attempt for fear of wounding an animal in the field. The ARC compensation worked flawlessly.
You have to be aware that you do not have anything in the way of the bottom site. Anything obstructing it's view will not allow it to acquire the target. Found that out while wearing my bow release!!!
Other than that, great product.
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment