Monday, September 30, 2013

Pelican ProGear Elite Marine Deluxe Cooler with 2-Inch Insulation, White, 35-Quart


Solid beast of a cooler. Plus hot tip!
Almost bought a Yeti but then found out that Pelican made a US cooler. Super solid almost tactical build. But the coolest part about it which I discovered later is that standard steam table pans fit perfectly in the cooler. I use a 1/3 X 6'' deep pan to keep meat and cheese out of the ice. The lip of the pan rests in a groove near the top of the cooler and keeps the pan above the ice. It slides easily side to side to access below it without removing the pan. Very slick. 1/2 pans would work well too. The pans come in 2'' 4'' & 6'' depths. I have the 35qt. But the pans should work in the 45 & 65qt. since they all seem to have the same dimension from front to rear. See my user photo. Note the weight of this cooler. It is not a trivia item. I'm glad I got the '' small one''. It is bigger than it looks in the photos.
Yet another fine product from Pelican
My son and I spend a lot of time outdoors, usually camping and fishing down in the marshes of La. Our usual routine is to fill the ice chest before leaving home on Friday night and with our old Igloo 52qt and our Soft side AO 36, that ice usually doesn't last more than a day out in the heat before we have to make another run for ice. On average, I was spending roughly $12-15 on ice per trip and making at least 2 trips per month(if not more). The Pelican brings that cost down to $3 for the weekend.

Down here, YETI coolers are the big thing, and while I know many people who have them and swear by them, I was not interested in spending $300 on an ice chest. While list price is comparable to the YETI 45, I was able to get the Pelican 45 for nearly 40% off here on Amazon with 6 months interest free financing- much cheaper than what the premium prices the Yeti's command.

While Pelican is a relative newcomer to the cooler market, they have definitely done their...
Pelican 35 Quart Elite Cooler is grade A , Five star
I didn't know anyone that had this cooler so I decided to give it a try, I filled it full of ice and drinks and loaded it in the back of my truck with a cable lock. 15 days and 1,100 miles later I finally had to add ice,It comes with limited lifetime warranty and It's american made and thicker and little heavier and better made than a Yetti, also I paid $177.00 delivered to my front door. I really love this cooler, it's built to last. .
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment