Monday, September 30, 2013

Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10x 42mm Roof Prism Binocular


Almost Excellent
A brief summary of this review is that, after comparison with the Bushnell Legend HD 8x42, A Nikon Prostaff 7 10x42, a Nikon Monarch 5 10x42, and a REI 10x50, I decided to stick with the Bushnell 10x42 Legend HD; BUT the decision is a compromise, and I an not totally happy with the Bushnell product.
To understand how I came about to compare so many models, let me give you the entire story. Firstly I had decided to get a good pair of binos. I decided to get the Legend HD 8x42 mostly because of the good reviews, its larger Field of View and brighter image (as compared to the 10x42). So after I got it from Amazon and carefully testing the optics visually, I noticed that in the left side scope there was a slight misalignment of optics so that there was a larger than normal area of image blurring on the left side field of view (the normal for the Legend series, from my subsequent observation, being about at 25% of the edge area you begin to get blurring). This was only noticeable...
Great value. Nice Binocs.
I purchased these binoculars after reading reviews here and on other sites. I'm very pleased with the size and quality. I'm using these mainly for hunting and fine they fill that use very well. The focus is precise and the low light viewing is excellent. These fit the price range I was in and the current $50 rebate from Bushnell makes them an excellent value. The lens caps are useless to me. Maybe good for storage. I really like the support carrier included, which works great while hunting.
Legend HD Binocs
These are the best binoculars I have ever used, period! Crystal clear view, perfect clarity, and very simple use. Almost gives the feeling of viewing in 3D. Would definitely recommend for any purpose.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment